Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ouch! My heel hurts!!

via Foot Health Facts
I have heel pain on my left foot.  It started months maybe more than 3 months or so, I lost track already.  At first, the pain only occurs in the morning once I stand up from bed.  I can't walk properly.  It subsides after few minutes of walking.  Then recur after I seated long hours during my lazy mode like watching television or in front of computer.  Then pain arises again after standing too long.  It is getting worst every day.  My pain is called Plantar Fasciitis or heel spur.  Aside from the fact that I have a weight problem, another big factor is I'm walking barefoot at home.  We don't wear slippers at home except for my kids that I always remind of to wear their home slippers (for reasons that my kids loves to lie down and seats on our floor so I always map our floor with something like Dettol :))  Before I have home slippers but stops wearing them cos I used it already outside, haven't bought yet but planning to.  Then lately, I also feel pain even when I'm outside roaming for just an hour mainly because my slippers' flat! BIRD & CRONIN PLANTAR FASCITIS SPLINT MEDIUMSo basically, I should not wear flat slippers anymore.  When I wear my FitFlop, my heel doesn't hurt, as in no pain even on long hours of walking and standing.  The thing is, I only have one pair of FitFlop which I wear only when we go to mall or anywhere far from our place :P  So here's the deal, when I buy my home slipper it should not just be that the heel is slightly elevated...I don't think this will resolve my prob.  I'm actually having a big thought of buying Skechers tone-ups which I found in reviews that it really helps with heel spurs aside from it is more cheaper than FitFlops.

For the meantime, I'm doing a few exercises at home that helps relieve pain, only temporary. 

Morning Exercises for Heel Pain & Planter Fasciitis


Water Bottle Heel Stretch
(I used tennis ball instead) 


From here, haven't done the following exercises yet :P

Foot Strengthening with Marbles


Plantar Stretch for Plantar Fasciitis
The Plantar Stretch would help improves heel spurs...


Calf and Foot Strengthening Exercises


I just hope my heel spurs would really improve soon!! :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. mommy heids! wla na nman ako num mo...punta kayo birthday ni MJ this Sunday, oct 24 lunch time po...

    ReplyDelete